Well Hello Spring! Hello Bicycle! Hello Cute DIY Darling Dots Bike Box!
Who doesn’t want to spin around town with this darling thing attached to the back of your bike. This is the kind of thing you see in the movies.
Friends, head over to your local craft store and grab your supples. Let’s make this together!
…THEN GIRL GANG STYLE, in our cutest sundresses of course! …RIDE OFF INTO THE SUNSHINE.
Sparkle! Sparkle! XX-gwyn
Wooden Box (I picked this up at a local craft store with a coupon.)
Acrylic Paint, HAVE FUN CHOOSING!
- Sand the unfinished wooden box until smooth and then wipe dust away.
- Stain the surface of the unfinished box and let it dry completely.
- On a flat surface, dip a circle sponge into the colored acrylic paint. Be careful not to get to much paint on the sponge avoid a whop-sided circle. LOL
- Place the circle sponge onto the basket while carefully making a twisting motion with your wrist and gently pressing at the same time. Continue to place your polka dots on randomly.
- Let your polkadots dry.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add a second coat to your polka dots.
- When your box dries, give it a good coat of polyurethane.
DIY Bike Box Assembly:
- Place the cable clamps around the metal on your bike rack. I used six. (Photo Below.)
- Align the DIY Bike Box in place on the bike rack.
- Place a screw in the cable clamp and secure with a screwdriver.
- Repeat step four with all six cable clamps!
There you have it! A DARLING DIY BIKE BOX!
SUNSHINE RIDING READY!
Please share your photos!