Rainbow Cous Cous Cabbage Cups
Just finishing a Sparkling Charm post on rain and the winter blues, I decided to create a savory and delicious meal that is cheerful and pretty to eat.
Whether you live in a climate with warm sunshine or rain and snow, this recipe will add a RAINBOW to your day.
Sparkle! Sparkle! XX-Gwyn
Rainbow CousCous Cabbage Cups
1 purple cabbage, leaves steamed and cooled
2 cups cooked cous cous, prepared as per box directions
1 cup fresh or thawed and drained frozen peas
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped and seeds removed
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
optional: skinless chicken breast, baked and shredded
1. Prepare a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, gently toss the cous cous, peas, red bell pepper, yellow onion, walnuts, chicken (optional), salt and pepper.
3. Cupping a cabbage leaf in your hand, spoon in the cous cous mixture and place in the prepared baking dish.
4. Repeat until the dish is filled.
5. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Copyrights & Credits//Author, Creator: Gwyn @SparklingCharm.com
This post may contain affiliate links.