I love make-up! ALL KINDS OF MAKE-UP! It started long before my first job as a Clinique skincare consultant and make-up artist.
The only make-up my mother allowed me to wear growing up was a touch of Mauve Crystal lipstick by Clinique. I can remember putting her bright blue eyeshadow onto cotton-tips and storing them in a plastic bag for school bus application with my friends. I also recall taking wet paper towels in a separate bag for school bus removal before arriving home. …AND I ALSO RECALL not considering how red that would make my eyes. My mother was no push-over! Let me just say that my BEAUTIFUL HOT PINK PLASTIC TELEPHONE WITH THE ROTARY DIAL was often removed from the wall for weeks at a time.
PS Mama, did allow make-up on special occasions.
This month for Sparkling Charm Beauty Shopping, I am sharing what is in my make-up bag for Spring and Summer.
STAY FANCY SISTERS!
Sparkle! Sparkle! XX-gwyn
1. CC Cream I completely get why this is the #1 best-selling, award-winning make-up. It has great coverage and color correction. BONUS! It has a SPF 50+UVA/UVB broad-spectrum physical sunscreen for your skin. YAY! I give it the thumbs up! I only use a tiny dab. A tube lasts me just at 10 months.
2. Eye Primer, by Urban Decay: This is great product to keep pretty spring and summer shadow colors from creasing. I love the way it glides on smoothly and blends beautifully. Bonus! It makes shadow colors more vibrant.
3. They’re Real Gel Eyeliner Pen, by Benefit: This is a waterproof matte gel formula that won’t smudge or budge when it dries. It has a slanted flexible brush that makes a great line.
4. Peach Shadow Collection Palette, by Two Faced: These colors are BEAUTIFUL! …and they smell like peaches! …NOT JOKING!
5. They’re Real Duo Eye Shadow Blender, by Benefit: I adore the brush in this shadow. For a quick face, sweep on two shades with one step. AWESOME!
6. They’re Real! Tinted Lash Primer, by Benefit: Because it is tinted, I wear it to simply feather my lashes for a day time face. I add my mascara for a more dramatic look. XOXOXOXO THIS STUFF!
I have a little mantra I use while applying mascara…WIGGLE! WIGGLE! WIGGLE! SWOOP! Even when I consciously try not to say this out loud, I am shouting it in my head. I just go with it. LOL
7. They’re Real! Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara, by Benefit: This mascara creates fabulous length and volume at the same time. I love the staggered brush that helps the mascara to get close the root.
8. Poppy Pink Mineral Blush, by Becca: This is the best blush I have ever worn. The application is JUST LUSH! Bonus! It has antioxidant vitamins A, E, and C, and is free of alcohol, oil, chemical dyes, and talc.
9. Shimmering Skin Perfecter, by Becca: This hi-lighter leaves a light feel. I love it. I use it to frame my face and add extra glow.
Sparkling Charm Beauty Tip: With a hi-lighter brush, swoop a bit of Shimmering Skin Perfecter, by Becca up the sides of your calves for a little leg glow.
…PRETTY WITH A SUMMER SUN DRESS!
10. Nourish-mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze, by Aveda: This rehydrating lip glaze with plant emollients, moisturizes, plumps and smooths the look of fine lines.