DIY: How to Flock A Christmas Tree! Simple Vintage Charm
Happy Decorating Everyone!
Today I want to show you how to Rock the Flock on a Christmas Tree. You can bring Vintage Charm to your tree and it is easier than you think!
GIVE IT A TRY!
Sparkle! Sparkle! XX-gwyn
My husband cringed at the potential mess he thought I was about to make. I am happy to report that he was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was and he loves this tree. SMILE!
How to Flock A Christmas Tree: Vintage Charm
self adhesive Christmas tree flock
(I used a box and a half. I went for a full blizzard verses a light dusting.)
1 Christmas tree, live or artificial. This is a great way to repurpose an artificial tree.
spray bottles, filled with water
1. Lay out your tarp and place your tree on it. The tree must be in a stand.
2. Begin by fluffing the branches of the tree. If you are flocking a live tree, trim any stray branches.
3. Starting with the bottom layer of the tree, spray the branches generously with water.
4. Using the sifter, carefully dust the wet branches with the flocking powder. Spray the dusted branches with more water. The water activates the adhesive in the flock. Dust again and spray until you reach your desired thickness.
5. Repeat above steps working from the bottom up until you reach the top of the tree.
6. Let the tree dry for 24 hours before you decorate it.
EASY PEASY! Now make yourself a Sparkling Charm Very Merry Cherry Orna-tini, sit back and admire the MAGIC OF YOUR SNOW LADEN TREE.
Copyrights & Credits//Author, Creator, and Photographer: Gwyn @SparklingCharm.com
This post may contain affiliate links.