DIY Easy Peasy Pom Pom Rug
Here you go Sparkling Charm Friends! Add a little party to your floor! This is a fun weekend project that you can wiggle your tootsie’s in. This is a perfect for a “binge watch” session! I made mine “binge watching” Hallmark Christmas movies.
If you join me in this fun craft. Please post photos of yours and tell me what you binge watched while making pom poms. …Or post a photo of you wiggling your tootsie’s in your rug.
Sparkle! Sparkle! XX-gwyn
This is a great way to get rid of scrap yarn.
The number of pom poms you need will depend on the size rug you are making.
- Lay out the non-stick rug mat and trim it to the shape and size you desire.
- Make a multitude of pom poms in different sizes and colors. Cut your tie off strings at least 6 inches long.
- Give the pom poms a “hair cut” to shape them if you wish. I left the ones in this tutorial untrimmed. AVOID TRIMMING THE TIE OFF STRINGS!
- As you make the pom poms, place them on the non-stick rug mat. This will serve two purposes. First, you will know when to stop making pom poms. Secondly, you can move the different shapes, textures, and colors around to create your design that is pleasing to your eye.
- Move the design out of the way, keeping it somewhat in tact of you wish.
- Using the two “tie” strings, secure each pom pom to the non-stick run mat using a double knot.
- Cover the surface of the non-stick rug mat with your pom poms.
- Turn the Easy Peasy Pom Pom Rug over and clip the “tie off strings.
- Use rug tape to line the edge of the bottom of your pom pom rug.
- Use the rug tape to cover the “tie Strings.”
That is it! You have yourself an EASY PEASEY POM POM RUG!
Flip it over, kick off your shoes, and get those toes wiggling!
MOSBY MOONPIE IS SURE THIS IS HIS NEW SNUGGLE RUG!
Credits//Author, Creator, and Photographer: Gwyn @SparklingCharm.com