Add a little dazzle to your celebration with this DIY Bubbly Ice Bucket.
Of course this bucket would make a great addition to any celebration. You could add most anything to the ice to match your theme. Fresh holly with red berries and pine for Christmas, or lemons, limes, and oranges for a garden party…ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!
2 buckets, one smaller than the first. (I found mine at a dollar store.)
sparkly embellishments (glitter, ornaments, tinsel, sequins, floral picks…)
1. Fill the larger bucket with 2 inches of water and freeze solid. This will create your base.
2. Place the smaller bucket inside the center of the larger bucket placing the hand weights inside the smaller bucket. I recommend going heavier vs. lighter.
3. Carefully slide your sparkly embellishments into the space between the large and smaller buckets. Perfection is not necessary.
Note: If you are concerned with the placement of your embellishments, you may choose to add your items, cover with only a little water at a time and freeze in layers. Adding more embellishments and water until you reach the top of your buckets. I just go for it. …One and done!
“I personally love the beauty that can always be found in a sparkly mess.” -gwyn
5. Use the cup to fill the space between the larger and smaller buckets with water, being carful not to displace your sparkly embellishments.
6. To remove your DIY Bubbly Ice Bucket, simply run warm water into the inner bucket then gently twist the inner bucket sliding it out. Next, run warm water over the outside of the outer bucket. Then gently lift out your DIY Bubbly Ice Bucket.
This project really makes me smile! I hope you will find the same joy in your creation.