A DIY Bubble Bath Tub Tray? Every lady needs one of these across her tub for a magazine and a glass of wine. Why not make your own? This is an easy project with a rewarding end to boot!
“Who doesn’t love a relaxing bubble bath after a long day of spreading her sparkle?! I know I do. It is a fabulous way to end a day!” -gwyn
A Bubble Bath Shelf I found on Amazon for $152.00. YIEKS!
This DIY Bubble Bath Tub Tray cost a little less than $30.00.
“Hey Girl Hey!” SMILING!
(8) 1 1/2″-by-1/2″-by- 28″ wood strips (Depending on the cross length of your tub, these may be longer or shorter.)
(2) 1 1/2″-by-1/2″-by-12″ wood strips
wood stain in the color(s) you desire
clear sealer (optional)
old lint free rags
16 brass or gold screws
Note: Home Depot will gladly cut your wooden strips for you. They also have a hand-saw-it-yourself area. I chose to let them cut my pieces with the circular saw to keep my pieces the same length.
- Gently sand all of the wooden strips and remove any dust left from the sanding process.
- Completely stain the (8) 28″ and the (2) 12″ wooden strips using the lint free rags. Let them dry completely. This will be the surface of your DIY Bubble Bath Tub Shelf
- Align the (8) 28″ wooden strips up on a flat surface and glue them together. Let the Glue dry completely.
- Glue the (2) 12″ pieces to the back of the 8 glued pieces. Let the glue dry completely. Make sure you glue the 12″ wood pieces far enough in not to touch the tubs edge.
- With a drill and a screwdriver, evenly add the 16 brass screws into the top of your DIY Bubble Bath Tray slightly drilling into the 12″ wood pieces on the back.
Credits//Author, Creator, and Photographer: Gwyn @SparklingCharm.com